German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'm a holdout; no dogs on any furniture for me, makes life simpler as I need to be able to move around a bit when I ssleep and no issues can ever crop up between them or me. I have had a GSD in a sleeping bag with me Winter camping at -30 though.

Both dogs will put their front paws up on the bed and tower over me when I stir in the morning and that more than enough for me. Rogan will put his giant noggin and shoulder down on me and roll his 110 ponds around, quite a way to wake up.
The only problem we have is when “I” have company and they assume “we” have company.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The only problem we have is when “I” have company and they assume “we” have company.
When I was first dating my husband, he'd stay over and Luc would crowd him - Toby complained about it once, and I said to him "That's because you're sleeping on Luc's side of the bed". WELL. That didn't go over well. Shortly afterwards Luc started sleeping in a dog bed on the floor, poor guy...

Reactions: Bearshandler

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
When I was first dating my husband, he'd stay over and Luc would crowd him - Toby complained about it once, and I said to him "That's because you're sleeping on Luc's side of the bed". WELL. That didn't go over well. Shortly afterwards Luc started sleeping in a dog bed on the floor, poor guy...
🤣🤣 I’m usually the one upset. Eventually I kick them out.

·
Registered
233 Posts

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
I always found it amusing that we have evolved so much that we now need to learn to give birth.
For me it's the opposite. The medics need to trust women ability to give birth and not to intervene so much that it makes women feel incapable.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
When you have children, you will find out. it’s not for you but done well it will make some very difficult hours easier for everyone.
There was NOTHING easy about it for me lol, yep did the classes but still came across as possessed during the real thing.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I think every shepherd or dog has there own time limit of physical affection including body heat threshold in that calculation lol. Topper my chihuahua is a body heat magnet. They all help me sleep and can make it hard to get up.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I now sleep with my door shut because Nitro started waking me up by sitting next to the bed, panting slowly. I would get up and follow him to the back door to let him outside for some 'private time'. On the way to the door, he would turn off into the kitchen, go to the pantry, and stare up at his treats. He didn't need to go outside, he just wanted a midnight snack. It took a few nights before I realize we were establishing a pattern of behaviour...

I shouldn't have given him one the first night, but he's aging and I'm aware he's only got a few years left...

·
Registered
7,516 Posts
My dogs never used to be allowed on the bed but Gus and Katie now sleep on the bed until my husband comes in, Gus gets off because he’s a bed hog. View attachment 576343
Somehow it’s hard to think of them as a protective breed in that position. Great picture, though. Mine always wake up and jump up when I try to take pictures of them sleeping.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Somehow it’s hard to think of them as a protective breed in that position. Great picture, though. Mine always wake up and jump up when I try to take pictures of them sleeping.
Don’t let his crazy belly up pretend sleeping fool you lol The slightest of sounds has him air born off the bed and looking for the source of sounds.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts