German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
You will definitely be a fur (covered) dad once you get in your bed. Our rule has always been no dogs on the furniture, especially not on the bed, ever! Well, with the new puppy we made an exception and allowed him on the bed when we watched movies at first. Now he's allowed up on the bed with us every night for an hour before actual bedtime. Who knows, next thing you know, he will take over the bed and we will retreat to the dog beds....

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You will definitely be a fur (covered) dad once you get in your bed. Our rule has always been no dogs on the furniture, especially not on the bed, ever! Well, with the new puppy we made an exception and allowed him on the bed when we watched movies at first. Now he's allowed up on the bed with us every night for an hour before actual bedtime. Who knows, next thing you know, he will take over the bed and we will retreat to the dog beds....
Lint rollers are magical.

·
Super Moderator
5,654 Posts
I let Fama sleep in my bed from the first day I could actually get away with it.

Let the dorks be dorks I say.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I let Fama sleep in my bed from the first day I could actually get away with it.

Let the dorks be dorks I say.
It was a rule when I was growing up that they weren’t allowed on furniture. It was one of the first to go. Bear usually doesn’t bother sleeping with me unless I ask. Cion stays as long as he can manage.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
I'm a holdout; no dogs on any furniture for me, makes life simpler as I need to be able to move around a bit when I ssleep and no issues can ever crop up between them or me. I have had a GSD in a sleeping bag with me Winter camping at -30 though.

Both dogs will put their front paws up on the bed and tower over me when I stir in the morning and that more than enough for me. Rogan will put his giant noggin and shoulder down on me and roll his 110 ponds around, quite a way to wake up.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts