German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night my husband and I went to a really nice dinner to celebrate our one year anniversary. I ordered a filet and lobster tail combo. Between the lobster, salad and appetizer I didn't have enough room to eat the filet. I did take a bite of it and I wasn't really impressed, it was very bland! My meal was 45 bucks. It would have been 30 but I added on the lobster tail. When we came home from dinner it was time to feed the dogs dinner. I didn't have any meat thawed out for Brody, so.....I gave him my 30 dollar filet. My husband was so mad lol. He said "I could have eaten that for lunch tomorrow!" I said..."Brody needs it more then you do!!" :) He just rolled his eyes. Then I was making my shopping list this morning for the grocery store. I told him to go add anything to it that he may want. I could tell he was reading over it. He said more then half the list was for the dogs. Blueberries, pumpkin, fresh green beans, turkey necks, organs, stew meat (so I can make dog treats). I just simply said..."I have to make sure my babies are well taken care of, if you want something, you may add it to the list" Hehe...I love my kids, I'd go hungry before I ever let them go hungry, and hey, it's nice for them to have 30 dollar filets too!!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Wow. My wife is the same. She gets very angry if I give my dog any people food.
She is definitely jealous. She gets upset when I show affection to anyone/thing besides her. And giving 'good food' to a dog is unthinkable.
Fortunately, this hasn't been going on very long...... only 43 years!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
330 Posts
:rofl:

That sounds like somthing I'd do! I bet your dog enjoyed it too!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow. My wife is the same. She gets very angry if I give my dog any people food.
She is definitely jealous. She gets upset when I show affection to anyone/thing besides her. And giving 'good food' to a dog is unthinkable.
Fortunately, this hasn't been going on very long...... only 43 years!!!!!!!!

43 years!!! She should be happy that you take good care of the dogs!! My husband thinks I'm a little overboard with them but at least he knows that they are well taken care of!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
My husband always complains that the dogs eat better then he does. BUT, he went to a company dinner the other night and came home with leftover steak and fish. Guess who he gave it to?

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
My husband complains that Wolfie eats better than he does. LOL! I told him that Wolfie needs me to watch over him and make sure he eats right. Hubby can make his own choices whats good for him.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I'm lucky that Hubby is truly fond of the dogs, and doesn't give me any grief. He does well with the horses too, in fact he hauled hay today all by his lonesome while I went shopping. Ladies, nearly 30 years of using the NILF training method really works!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts