German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ten week puppy was pushed by our older dog and much bigger dog out in the yard today. He is usually extremely gentle with her and he just got a little excited and sort of gave her a little shove and she screamed bloody murder. I was right there when It happened and I know he didn't step on her or bite her or anything. She just fell the wrong way. Anyway I carries het inside quickly and she stopped crying about a minute later in my arms. I pit her down and she cried and limped to her crate. She keeps her hind leg lifted as high as she can. She cries when I pick her up from her front armpits and when she is sitting straight up, it seems when any pressure is put on it. I touched her legs, back, ribs, feet and everything and she doesn't make a sound when j touch or squeeze anything. Only when she puts pressure on it.

In her crate she was eating and drinking while laying down, and falls asleep. Doesn't make a sound. She even started biting her bone. So I don't think she broke anything..I'm not sure to take her to the hospital or not. It's gonna be something like a ligament or joint or something. My mom said to make sure she is comfortable tonight and not let her anything and see how she is in the morning. She said when our dogs were puppies they'd get hurt like that but recover with some rest. If it continues to be bad in the morning I will take her..anybody haveexperience with this? I feel so helpless :(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also..just took her outside to use the bathroom and I have never seen a puppy be able to limp so fast. She ran back to the door but I knew she had to go and she wasn't crying so I brought her back on the grass and she peed and pooped with her leg up..she was moving around pretty fast out there. But after she was done I grabbed her and carried her back into her crate

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know she didn't break her leg or hurt her hips. If she did that she would be a lot worse than she is. She has not cried since the incident and I have felt her whole body especially that area and put pressure on the leg, hips, feet and she doesn't react in anyway. I just didn't want my first option to be to go to the hospital with her to get x rays and pay a bunch of money and them not even be able to do anything. She's only 10 weeks so I don't believe she can get pain meds. Like I said, my mother has seen this in other puppies we have had, some worse in which she took.to the vet to get x rays and they just told her to keep the pup as inactive as possible until they were better. It's been 15 hours and she has been laying on both sides of her, laying on both legs, she sits on both legs, she can lift her legs to lick herself..I just don't think its anything has serious as something broken. That's why I'm waiting to take her anhwhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts