German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be picking up a Hungarian x cz GSD pup. The pup will be raised for sport The sire and dam have all ancestors except 7 dogs between the two are ipo/sch titled.

I am familiar with the cz traits but am unfamiliar with Hungarian dogs. Could someone shed some light on Hungarian GSD.

Thanks

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
i've never heard of a hungarian GSD.

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I had a dog (rescue) from Hungarian imported parents. She was West German Showlines. Another dog offered to me earlier this year was a "Czech" import. She also was WGr showlines.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
There are no "hungarian" lines. They are full German, show or Working, as well as Belgiu, Czech, etc.
I was just referring to the dogs' citizenship :D
Didn't think there were lines specific to Hungary... but I'd like to know if there are any good breeders in Hungary, I'd like to get my next dog from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was just referring to the dogs' citizenship :D
Didn't think there were lines specific to Hungary... but I'd like to know if there are any good breeders in Hungary, I'd like to get my next dog from there.
Why? I dont understand how the dog's citizenship is matters.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I like the citizenship thing.:D

Not $$$$$. Depends on who you deal with.

With dogs that we breed there, we register them through the SV. The SV has an agreement with MEOE to do that. So, all our puppies from there have SV papers.
Smithie your dogs are beautiful!, That is your website in your signature right?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Is it just to be able to say that your dog came from Hungary? Sounds expensive. hahaha
It's the opposite :)
With the exchange and cost of living, your money goes a lot further for quality there. I'm sure it's the same with most Eastern European countries but also lots of potential for fraud (aka a puppymill/broker with a nice website and fake references and stolen photos). I'm from Hungary so I'd feel most comfortable buying from there because I still have lots of family back home so I could send them to check the place out, ask about word of mouth, etc.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It's the opposite :)
With the exchange and cost of living, your money goes a lot further for quality there. I'm sure it's the same with most Eastern European countries but also lots of potential for fraud (aka a puppymill/broker with a nice website and fake references and stolen photos). I'm from Hungary so I'd feel most comfortable buying from there because I still have lots of family back home so I could send them to check the place out, ask about word of mouth, etc.

I did a quick search on google and it appears a lot of dogs are are around 8 to 900 euros? How much is that? $1200.00?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I did a quick search on google and it appears a lot of dogs are are around 8 to 900 euros? How much is that? $1200.00?
1.00 EUR = 1.34172 USD
or
1.00 EUR = 1.35088 CAD

According to my calculations, you can have a SchH1 for under $2,000 CAD (whether that will actually be the case in real life, I have yet to find out) but good luck finding anything like that in Canada :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not a genius, but, just went and searched what towns the titles from the different dogs in the pedigree were earned. They were in West and SW Germany so it stands to reason . . .

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Smithie, would it be worthwhile to pick up the dog personally?
Or would Hungary's bureaucracy make one's life a life a living ****? LOL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts