German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how many folks use a humidifier during winter months... we've always used one mainly to avoid waking up with a very"dry mouth" in the morning....ours broke near the end of last winter and it hasn't been replaced yet...it seems to me that during the last couple weeks here in Virginia we're running the heat and sometimes the fireplace in the morning...

I hadn't noticed until this year but the dogs are scratching/ itching much more when inside the house for a period of time and only when inside seems to stop when outside on the deck or running the yard.....I'm guessing it may be the dryer heated air in the house....soooo thoughts?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I use one if it gets too dry. Ziva gets itchy if it's too dry. The humans in our house need it too. Dry skin, sinus issues and dry throats.. We have a hygrometer. I try to not let it get below 35-40% and never above 50% in the house in the winter.
To be honest I can tell when the humidity in the house is too low because we all start zapping everything with static electricity.
Coastal VA today it's rainy and currently 56 degrees outside. It's 70 degrees and 46% humidity in my house right now and we are comfy and no doggie itching.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts