German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

This is my first post on this forum. I am from India and have a 12yr old GSD with Hyp issues ( has problem getting up and walking )

I request your opinion on giving him Human Glucosamine Supplement available in my local market.

This particular one from Healthviva dot com under products / vitamins and minerals / joints

Is this inline with the ones available in the USA

kindly provide your inputs for me to make an informed decision.

Best Regards
Manoj

Attachments

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
at this age you are not going fix the problem.

I use pure MSM , pure glucosamine, and would use pure chondroitin

not crazy about seeing talcum powder -- starches and lactose binders.

you would do just as well if you used pure MSM and turmeric --- add some amla !

coconut oil , turmeric and a pinch of black pepper - better yet , warm the coconut oil and put in the pepper to infuse the oil then add turmeric -- helps absorption .

·
Premium Member
4,753 Posts
Hi Manoj and WELCOME! :greet:

You may want to consider this product instead of the HealthViva and it is available from a company who ships internationally: iherb:
https://www.iherb.com/pr/Bluebonnet-Nutrition-Glucosamine-Chondroitin-Plus-MSM-180-Veggie-Caps/15455?gclid=CMWSyrDj3NMCFUtNfgod4dgLLQ Description

• Made With Non GMO Ingredients
  • Bone & Joint Formula
  • Dietary Supplement
  • PureFlex
  • OptiMSM
  • Gluten Free
Bluebonnet's Glucosamine Chondroitin Sulfate Plus MSM Capsules are specially formulated with a special combination of pure glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin sulfate, OptiMSM and active form of sulfur, plus vitamin C from Identity-Preserved (IP) L-ascorbic acid. Available in easy-to-swallow vegetable capsules for maximum assimilation and absorption.

Other Ingredients Kosher vegetable capsules, vegetable cellulose, vegetable magnesium stearate.

Contains: Crustacean shellfish (crab, lobster, shrimp)

Free of milk, egg, fish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat and soybeans.
Also free of yeast, gluten, barley, rice and sugar.

I just open the capsules on to our dogs food.

Carmspack suggestion of coconut oil, tumeric, and black pepper would also benefit your dog.

Another article:
Turmeric: Your Powerful Anti-Inflammatory Spice

Moms :)

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
coconut oil is a good idea - because turmeric is not water soluble so difficult to absorb.

Feed-Sentials does have organic turmeric in it AND it has oily seeds , or are fed with a nutritional
oil blend partner.

you are in India. You have one of the most powerful pain killer anti arthritic , anti inflammatory natural substances . This plant is native to your country and is known in ancient and modern
ayurvedic treatments.

BOSWELLIA serrata
https://www.springtimeinc.com/about-boswellia

·
Registered
5,359 Posts
Boswellia goes hand in hand with turmeric as well. And is suggested for rheumatoid arthritis sufferers
You could also look into Cats claw and Devils claw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts