German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your dog howl for no apparent reason? Wolf howls and I can't get him to stop once he starts. It sounds so sad sometimes.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Lilah generally starts it, the other 2 join in, and then I have surround sound

·
Registered
134 Posts
My Sam howls! It's super sad too! HAHA! We adopted a little over a year ago and he howls when we come home from grocery shopping, when we leave, if he feels forgotten, if someone is over and he wants to get to know them! Yes, my boy is a howler! I'm quite fond of it actually, but I doubt my neighbors feel the same way!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"surround sound" hahahahaha!
wolfy howls when my husband leaves, and sometimes he will come out of a sound sleep and start howling.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Only when the fire engine goes by.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
heres Lilah in action, you can hear the other 2 start up

·
Registered
456 Posts
My boy is a big time howler, my female more of a follower - she will join in after he gets started. He howls at pretty much everything to include low flying airplanes.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i loved the video! what a pretty girl:wub:
mosul-even airplanes!? that's pretty funny

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Lakota is a big time howler/talker. Sometimes she just woo woo's almost like she's winding herself up.
She's a smart one, if Apache has a toy and she wants it she'll start woo woo ing into a full blown howl her tail wagging the whole time as Apache starts to chime in I actually watch her eye up the toy, planning her next move when he's too busy howling to pay attention to her.
When she was younger I watched her just sitting on the deck and start howling for no particular reason.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona has only howled twice. The first time she was on the patio and I was in my office and I ran out to the patio, because I thought she was dying. No sirens, she hears them all the time. During the day, so no full moon. I never figured out why she howled. I thought she was done except on Palm Sunday she howled at church and then was very proud of herself for singing along with everyone else.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
217 Posts
My family's first Gsd, Bear, would howl any time there was music playing. We thought it was because the music hurt her ears. Still, it was funny when she howled while Christmas music played.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm suprised that for some of you one dog starts and others chime in...i'm suprised my neighbors dogs haven't started howling when wolfy does :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts