German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[generic forum intro]

I'm Aaron. My 2 year old DDR female graciously lets me live in her home, and trains me in Schutzhund, in Tacoma, WA.

She also lets me take care of "her" boy, my six year old son.
[/generic forum intro]

I've always been a dog person, but I fell in love with working line German Shepherds when I was deployed as a Military Police Soldier, and worked alongside MP Military Working Dog Handlers and their MWDs. When I came home from Iraq, I finally had to purchase a dog from the breeder I'd been speaking with on and off through the years. That was two years ago.

Initially, we'd planned to train in Search and Rescue, and French Ring, as my husband had a background in the latter, and I was very interested in the former.

I met with the folks who do K9 SAR in my region, and the meeting left me somewhat skeptical as to whether it was going to be a good fit. While they were good people, and I very much liked them, their training philosophy was a significant departure from my own.

As luck would have it, the only French Ring club within reasonable distance [and I mean, within three hours] was somewhat defunct at the time.
Unable to reach them via phone or email, I finally drove to their training site on the day their website listed as their training day.

Lo and behold, they were not there, and in their place was a Schutzhund club. Already having had an interest in scent work, I decided to try my hand in Schutzhund, instead.

It turned out to be a much better match for me than I ever could have imagined, and the training director of the club turned out to be a fantastic mentor.

Two years later, I can't imagine *not* belonging to the club I do.
Not only has the training been wonderful, but many of the members have become my second family through the years- especially following the death of my spouse in 2009.

And now...
What we really all look for in these things. Dog pics!

·
Registered
907 Posts
:welcome: to the forum.. Nice looking dog!!

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Hi and welcome!! Sounds like the club was meant to be for you! Gorgeous dark sable with nice, impressive head! Wowza!!! I'm drooling here!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome. I love the dog up on the tank. So cute!

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Welcome Aaron
I look forward to your input on the board!
What's your pup name?

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
We love pictures. Welcome to the forum. Gotta love those black sables. What is her name and breeding (I like looking at pedigrees)?

Oops...we posted at the same time ^

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome! Danke is so beautiful!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Aaron,

Welcome! Glad to see you on the board here!

And I have to agree, our club is awesome! :)

·
Registered
285 Posts
:welcome:to the forum and I'm so sorry about your loss. You have an sweeet looking dog. Danke is simply :wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Welcome!

Can't wait to see you over in the schH section! :) YAY, another schutzhundholic! ;)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
11. Do not post PM’s or Emails as they are private messages between people and have no reason to be posted publicly.

Lastly, Private Messages (PMs) and private email is just that, private, and should not be posted publicly to the board unless explicit permission has been granted from the individual. Should a member post something publicly that was intended to be private it will result in a temporary or permanent ban from the board. Use of this board is a privilege, not a right.

SchDDR said:
Please, go ahead and repost your "It was a mistake to let you serve" comment.

·
Registered
490 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts