German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy to find this forum out here and have been reading everything like crazy.

Seems that I have taken on the responsibility of an 18 month old long hair. She is a wonderful creature.
We spend most of our time together ( she follows me around :wub:
Tula is here name and she was purchased as a gift for our teenage girl.
uh huh

Our girl wanted a little pocket dog but mom insisted on getting a big dog. Our girl refuses to take on any responsibility for Tula and will not pay Tula any attention, but she loves to play it up for her friends because Tula is a beautiful dog. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
Then three months ago my wife injured herself 200 miles out of town and was in the hospital for two weeks. So now I must start to care for Tula. :confused:

And keep on caring because mom now must travel back and forth to see her doctor and care for her now deceased father.
It's been 5 months now. Still gone.
Mom knows all about these dogs..I don't
Do you smell trouble yet?

The first thing was getting the dog outside to poop and play.
More that is.
Oh the fun. Tula loves to play with old deflated soccer balls and one special blue rubber ball. We play tug a war with old leather belts and t shirts tied up.

Now it's time for a walk and I'm old school. So into the truck we go Tula riding shotgun.
We have found some great hiking trails here in the Northwest and we both love to explore.
For hours she can run free.
I take her into public (on a leash with correction collar of course) and she's an instant hit.
Mom has taught her German commands.
How cool is that.
Come home mom!

Now I must go find the Heath and Wellness threads because there are some problems arising.
Ears and Eyes

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
So into the truck we go Tula riding shotgun.
We have found some great hiking trails here in the Northwest and we both love to explore.
For hours she can run free.
I take her into public (on a leash with correction collar of course) and she's an instant hit.
Mom has taught her German commands.
How cool is that.
Keep up the good work! Sounds like you'll just be fine!

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Welcome from another in the PNW!

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like your doing fine but you have come to a great place for help if you need it. Oh and pictures would be nice :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm across the water from you. Good to have another PNW'r here.

@vat = too funny, our cities are simpatico, you're from Kingston, IL.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I'm across the water from you. Good to have another PNW'r here.

@vat = too funny, our cities are simpatico, you're from Kingston, IL.
OMG that is funny!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Oh I love the name Tula! My parents used to raise Norwegian Elkhounds and I literally grew up with a pup named Tula. Sounds as though the two of you have found a common ground. It may be nuisance now but you'll have fond memories of this time together...how was that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts