German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys....

Glad to find this site, we are getting a new GSD in Sept going to be a female, this will be our second one, our first was 11 when she contracted spleen cancer. We miss her alot.

Now I can kinda refresh my memory about having a new puppy..:grin2:

Thanks for all the info. Looks like a Great site.

·
Registered
9,913 Posts
Hi Guys....

Glad to find this site, we are getting a new GSD in Sept going to be a female, this will be our second one, our first was 11 when she contracted spleen cancer. We miss her alot.

Now I can kinda refresh my memory about having a new puppy..:grin2:

Thanks for all the info. Looks like a Great site.
Welcome. Who is the breeder of your new puppy? Enjoy the anticipation!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined this forum today and stumbled on to your post.

Would love to know your breeder as well.

My wife and I just relocated to Bend, OR from Portland. We were in CA before that, where I last had a German Shepherd.

My wife gave me the green light to get another German Shepherd, so we are now trying to find a good, reputable breeder somewhere in the Northwest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been lurking in this GSD community for a while now, absorbing as much information as I can before welcoming my first GSD pup. This is also my first post, because I want to offer my personal recommendation.

I am also in Oregon and highly recommend the breeder I'm working with; Vom HausReid located in Salem, Oregon. They are a greatly devoted family and I have been talking and learning from them for the past 1.5 years. They are very responsive, unlike some other breeders I've tried contacting. Ray Reid gave me great advice and taught me a lot, unfortunately he passed away last summer to cancer. But, he has a fantastic daughter (Jennifer) that has ran the sites/emails and their training facility in his stead, along with her brother, Ryan and other family members.

They do have two expected Summer litters (my pup will be from Clausse x llka pairing). They have a Facebook page: Vom Haus Reid Shepherds along with another Facebook page for their training facility, Pet Village Ltd. You can search those both up and read their reviews.

I am excited to see people on this forum are also from little ol' Oregon. Good luck with selecting!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We did a lot of research and went with a local breeder....

TemarShepherds in Canby...

We were really impressed with her facility, and she has been doing it 46 years. Very personable and knowledgeable.

Looks like we are going to have a long relationship with her, I don't impress easily.

HTH

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Welcome from another Oregonian!

I just joined this forum today and stumbled on to your post.

Would love to know your breeder as well.

My wife and I just relocated to Bend, OR from Portland. We were in CA before that, where I last had a German Shepherd.

My wife gave me the green light to get another German Shepherd, so we are now trying to find a good, reputable breeder somewhere in the Northwest.
Hello dfischer, I'll send you a Private Message soon regarding the breeders here. There are many that put on a good website and face but do not keep their word or produce what they promise, especially in this PNW region. If you come across a breeder recommendation, please use the "Search" function to see if there have been previous discussions regarding your breeder of interest on this board.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome from another Oregonian!
Hello Grace,

I've been on-and off reading this forum for months, preparing to welcome my first GSD puppy.

I have become very familiar with VHR and have been in contact with them for well over a year now. I've even mentioned your boy Trent to Jennifer as one of the most appealing GSD's I've seen (working lines are an eye-catcher for me personally). She told me that I wasn't the first to mention so lol. I've found you on multiple threads and again today.

I was curious if I could be a part of your thoughts of Vom Haus Reid and your friend's experience with Temar ..as I have had experience talking with both. Anyway, would love any additional information you have to share about your experiences with VHR and how well they matched you with your pup.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I love hearing about people planning to try this wonderful breed and being smart enough to do research on them. Welcome! I am on my 6th and 7th GSD and I would own no other breed. And BTW, I have been to your neck of the woods; ( on vacation.) beautiful state.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Hello Grace,

I've been on-and off reading this forum for months, preparing to welcome my first GSD puppy.

I have become very familiar with VHR and have been in contact with them for well over a year now. I've even mentioned your boy Trent to Jennifer as one of the most appealing GSD's I've seen (working lines are an eye-catcher for me personally). She told me that I wasn't the first to mention so lol. I've found you on multiple threads and again today.

I was curious if I could be a part of your thoughts of Vom Haus Reid and your friend's experience with Temar ..as I have had experience talking with both. Anyway, would love any additional information you have to share about your experiences with VHR and how well they matched you with your pup.
PM sent, will be in your notifications on the upper right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been lurking in this GSD community for a while now, absorbing as much information as I can before welcoming my first GSD pup. This is also my first post, because I want to offer my personal recommendation.

I am also in Oregon and highly recommend the breeder I'm working with; Vom HausReid located in Salem, Oregon. They are a greatly devoted family and I have been talking and learning from them for the past 1.5 years. They are very responsive, unlike some other breeders I've tried contacting. Ray Reid gave me great advice and taught me a lot, unfortunately he passed away last summer to cancer. But, he has a fantastic daughter (Jennifer) that has ran the sites/emails and their training facility in his stead, along with her brother, Ryan and other family members.

They do have two expected Summer litters (my pup will be from Clausse x llka pairing). They have a Facebook page: Vom Haus Reid Shepherds along with another Facebook page for their training facility, Pet Village Ltd. You can search those both up and read their reviews.

I am excited to see people on this forum are also from little ol' Oregon. Good luck with selecting!
Hi SoVenti,

I am curious to know if you did indeed get a puppy from the Clausse x Ilka pairing. We did get a puppy from that litter. Her name is Raina. She is an absolute joy. We also have nothing but good things to say about Vom HausReid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts