German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the buns are in the oven and the deposit is paid! Been browsing around for general info and found this site. Its great! Very diverse knowledge base.
I am an avid sportsman and would appreciate any tips if anyone has knowledge of hunt training. Looking to make friends on here and gain knowledge about the breed and how others are using their dogs. pm me if you have any suggestions or other wise feel free to just say hi! Thank you for welcoming me to the site

Jay

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Welcome to you!! Are you planning to use your GSD to hunt?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome! :greet:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, mainly pheasants ducks and geese, along with the occasional dove. His half brother is owned by a good friend of mine and is 2 years old. Quite the flusher and receiver he is!

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
Welcome! Seems like there was someone else on the forum doing the same with their shepherd, can't remember the name, but I'll look.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
I looked a little last night and can't seem to find the one I was thinking of. There are several threads of people wanting to get started with flushing and retrieving. I just put "hunting" into the search block near the top center of the page, but not a lot of info in the few I read and some who posted with at least some experience do not appear to be active anymore. I'll try again later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts