German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious to know, bella started yesterday. She was like Velcro right before it came; she constantly had to be next to us. She started last night, so far she's been very mellow also sleeping more than usual today. I started playing with her and we played for 5 minutes and then she laid down and went to sleep. It was even a squirrel in the back yard she usually goes nuts about that. She quietly just watched ..

·
Registered
9,730 Posts
Deja's first heat was confusing. She has had 4 now and the pattern is that she is super hyper and cranky to Cam (last heat) a few weeks before, stable during the first week and clingy to me during the last part. And back to her normal self a month after the first sign of heat.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bella isn't cranky but she isn't listening to my wife. She's listening to me fine but my wife told her to do a couple things today and Bella totally blew her off.

·
Super Moderator
5,385 Posts
I remember that Sage got cranky, and wanted to be left alone. Carly, on the other hand, got really lovey and obnoxious.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine has had two heats so far. During the first heat there were a few days (2 days??) when she slept a lot and was very calm, like yours. It actually felt like she was a very old dog instead of a young dog with loots of energy, which she normally is. It was completely the opposite and I almost thought she was sick. This was only a few days though and the second heat I didnt notice anything different at all.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Butters recently finished her 2nd heat. We're pretty lucky - she doesn't change much at all. Just gets a little more clingy, drinks more water, bit of excessive urination, etc.

So, more or less her usual self, just more intense IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dog is a week into her second heat. Other than being a little more thirsty, and acting more impatient when about to go out, she hasn't changed much; still playful and silly as usual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts