German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
taught this one to Nikkia a few months age it's a very cute trick. She puts her paws over her nose and looks innocently up at you. The only draw back to teaching her it is she uses it against me every time she gets into trouble.

One day she was being a little brat and I blew on her face she put her paws over her muzzle and looked at me like "Hey what did you do that for!". I had always wanted to teach her this trick and blew on her again to see if it was a good trigger and like the first time she put her paws over her nose again. I went upstairs and cut up some yummy treats and took her into the living room. Then I spent about 15 minutes teaching it to her so I wouldn't over load her brain.

I blew on her nose and the instant she put her paws on her nose I told her "Good Shy!!" putting extra emphisis on the shy then giving her a reward. It took us about 3 days to get it down really well but she does it great now and like I said she even uses it against me now so beware! LOL

This may not work out for everyone some dogs don't do the paw thing when you blow on thier nose like my mom's Papillon's just run away and bark at me when I blow on their nose. Best of luck to you all who try to teach it to their shepherds!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Thanks for sharing the tip! I've wanted to teach Elmo how to be shy. I went over to blow on his face and he rolled over on his back for a belly rub. LOL. I'll try again tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I tried this with Anna, when I blew in her face she had the look of:

"Mommy, why are you being a nut job? Seriously? I'm going to lick you and hope you get better soon...kay?"

So uh, we'll have to try something else.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah like I said the blowing doesn't work for everyone hmmm I'll try to think of some other triggers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts