German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my 7 month pup to walk on lead without pulling. I am having ACL reconstructive surgery this coming Friday, and need the children, 12-9+5 years to walk her at least round the block.
I have tried different things, but she just wants to be a sled puller

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your answers. I will try to get a Gentle Leader Harness tomorrow, to try it out with her. I was told a harness is what sled dogs use and that a dog can pull really good with them so I stopped using her car harness like one and went back to the collar.
With the snow disappearing, I can go out in a few days and throw a ball for her in our long back yard, and she can 'go' outside any time, but I thought she'd still need a change of scenery, hence a walk. Hopefully my husband will take her out, (it'd be midnight time but oh well), I'll see how it goes. After a few days maybe I can drive to the park and let her go, and then call her park after a while and drive her home again, what a unresponsible dog owner, maybe not then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.