German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you quote multiple quotes??
For example, Say Bob quotes a post by Adam, how would I quote both the post made by Adam and Bob at the same time? So that I can post a reply based on what they both said? I hope that makes sense :confused:.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Go to Adam's original post. Hit the small quote button in the lower right corner (the one in the middle) and it will turn red. Scroll down to Bob's post, and do the same thing. Then hit Post Reply, and both quotes will be in the box where you will be writing your reply.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Go to Adam's original post. Hit the small quote button in the lower right corner (the one in the middle) and it will turn red. Scroll down to Bob's post, and do the same thing. Then hit Post Reply, and both quotes will be in the box where you will be writing your reply.

Screwed up the first attempt so let's see if I learned anything.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Hey, it worked! :)

For example, Say Bob quotes a post by Adam, how would I quote both the post made by Adam and Bob at the same time? So that I can post a reply based on what they both said? I hope that makes sense :confused:.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! Thank you!

Hey, it worked! :)

·
Super Moderator
32,252 Posts
How do you only quote a portion of a post?
Simply quote the post and then delete everything you don't want. You can also do it manually by copying and pasting the section you want to quote into your reply window and then adding quote tags to each end:

[ quote] at the beginning, and then [ /quote] (I added spaces so you can see the tags) at the end.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,252 Posts
I just type the quote brackets in by hand. It will not show who the original poster is, so if that's important to you it's easier to click the quote button on their post and then delete out everything that you don't want. I type in the brackets by hand a lot if I'm quoting something from another website rather than someone's post.

Once you learn the what the brackets are for things it's easy to just type them in. To bold something it's at the beginning and [ /b] (again, I put a space there so you can see it, you don't want any spaces) at the end. For italics it's and [ /i], image tags are

1 - 10 of 10 Posts