German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmmm would think a power washer on any setting would hurt.....

sure could of used something easy like that yesterday when Brewski decided to take a bath in the yard flooded in mud....

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Uh, yeah....pressure washing your dogs face is not such a good idea. You need to be very careful with the ears, especially, or they will get a ton of water in their ear canal.

Not a good idea, folks...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
You can see the dog moving away from the stream of water when he gets too close. Judging by the distance he is away from the nozzle, there's not much pressure hitting the dog, it's more of a fan of water hitting him.
If he was 2 feet from the nozzle, it would probably hurt, but you don't have to get very far away from a PW before it doesn't have much pressure.

·
Registered
508 Posts
...If he was 2 feet from the nozzle, it would probably hurt, but you don't have to get very far away from a PW before it doesn't have much pressure.
Especially true with those home units. I doubt it was hurting the dog any, but it's still not something I would do. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
that doesn't look like the dog is enjoying it to me. he keeps rubbing his face on the ground and running away while being chased with the water, but then again I didn't watch it with sound. judging from the body language the dog doesn't seem to like it. good way to make your dog terrified of water.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've used a garden hose and sprayed Piper and she just can't get enough of it, she loves it. Not sure about pressure though, or a constant stream right at her. I just spray around the yard and she chases it.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I've used a garden hose and sprayed Piper and she just can't get enough of it, she loves it. Not sure about pressure though, or a constant stream right at her. I just spray around the yard and she chases it.
lol that's a little different than using a power pressure hose.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Ummm. I dont wash my dogs that way. They get a bath in the tub or out side. I never spray water in their face. Spraying water in their face can get in there ears and cause ear infections. This is just my two cents on your post.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Yeah it is. That is why I said I don't know about pressure or a constant stream right at her. I wouldn't do it.
sorry I didn't mean for my reply to be mean :) I was agreeing with you, it just didn't come out right sorry :eek:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
for those of you thinking he didn't like it, he loves it and gets in my way when i am actually trying to clean the patio. it's an electric unit so it is not very hight pressure. I can aim it right at my bare feet and it doesn't hurt. I just thought I'd post something funny. You can see from the video as he's runing about, he stays within range of the water instead of runing far.

He has been in water all his life, pools, rivers, lakes, and pressure washers and he loves it. He swims across river with me and tries to swim over my back like he's gonna get a piggy back ride. I find it fun and I think he does too. It seems some people are ever so uptight. ;)

later.
greg

·
Registered
94 Posts
Good Job Greg:thumbup: I wonder how much pressure it takes to cause permanent damage to the cornea of the eye or cause serious damage to the inner ear? I think I will stick to the old traditional methods. BTW I have a 3500 PSI pressure washer if anyone wants to borrow it!:D

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
While my dogs would not let me do that to them, it looked to me that if this guy didn't like it there were plenty of other ways he could have run to escape the water too. I think he was enjoying it and treating it like a game.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts