German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go to http://www.photobucket.com and open an account (it's free). Once you have created your account go to "my album" page and you should see something like this...

Use the "Browse" buttoms to locate the picture(s) you want to upload from your C drive. Click on the picture(s) and click on "Upload".
Once the pictures are uploaded, it will look something like this:

Copy the "IMG Code" by clicking on the box, right clicking your mouse and copy. Then paste that link onto the body of your message here on the board.
<span style="color: #FF0000">If your picture is bigger than 800x600, click on "edit" above the picture (or just click on the picture you want to resize) and then click on "resize" again above the picture, then choose the web board option. </span>

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Posting Pictures - Tidbit

We have a lot of new folks so I just thought I'd post my tidbit about pictures running together again.

Of course, perhaps I'm the only one that hates scrolling left to right!! I'm using small pictures but I think you can see what it does.

If you paste code after code it looks like this:

If you put a space it looks like this:

If you hit enter it looks like this:

And hitting enter twice look like this:

/PSA

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Re: Posting Pictures - Tidbit

Good info Barb E.

I perfer the ~~ hitting enter twice look like this: (pics go down the pg)
Lots easier to view.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Re: Posting Pictures - Tidbit

Mods - can we get a sticky on this?

Another piece of good information:

Photobucket.com is free and easy to use to upload your pictures

Before you click the UPLOAD button, there's a little listbox right under the UPLOAD button. This sets the size of the pictures. I see a lot of great pictures too small to see or too big to see.

Select 800 x 600 (15" screen) from the listbox for perfect sized pictures.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
How to post pictures from FaceBook - or anywhere

Mods- can this be a sticky too? It keeps coming up how to do this.

Works from Facebook and any other place you have pictures posted.

Open your FB album and right click on the full size picture.

Find 'Copy Image Location' in the right click list.

type

press ctrl+V to paste
end with

make sure there's no spaces between the

then the picture will appear here.

this image is on facebook

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-...4_2150450_n.jpg

so all I have to do is wrap the hyperlink above with

Don't forget to check for spaces or it shows up like the above

without the spaces, it appears

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Re: How to post pictures from FaceBook - or anywhere

woohoo! thanks for posting this! now I only have to upload pictures once,instead of using photobucket

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm like 8 minutes new to this site. How do you change the profile pic from a starfish to a pic of my dog?
I can't find 'edit profile' or anything that gives me an option to do so.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone else ever have this issue when trying to upload to photobucket from a phone: every time I click "upload," it brings a full screen ad to my phone, and even if I let it go the entire ad without clicking the "x," it just brings me back to my main photobucket page. It's quite annoying to say the least. I don't have a PC or laptop (I can use my iMac at work on the very rare occasion I have to goof off at work, but that's a bit of a chore to try to do.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Never mind. Apparently I just have to click on "full site." Photobucket has more ads than any website I visit. Sheesh.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
you can link from your facebook too. just FB doesn't give you the link with the IMG tags so you have to click the little insert image box here then enter the url you got from FB when it asks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone else ever have this issue when trying to upload to photobucket from a phone: every time I click "upload," it brings a full screen ad to my phone, and even if I let it go the entire ad without clicking the "x auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver ," it just brings me back to my main photobucket page. It's quite annoying to say the least. I don't have a PC or laptop (I can use my iMac at work on the very rare occasion I have to goof off at work, but that's a bit of a chore to try to do.)

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
Before you click the UPLOAD button, there's a little listbox right under the UPLOAD button. This sets the size of the pictures. I see a lot of great pictures too small to see or too big to see.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts