·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
803 Posts
Great video Maggie.

I know with my boy, he has a vey high food drive but what he really wants is a bite of the tug!!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice video! I struggle with the clicker. I'm not very coordinated, apparently. I can never get the click-treat sequence right.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Another great video from tab289...Solea and Shasta have the same collar!

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice video! I struggle with the clicker. I'm not very coordinated, apparently. I can never get the click-treat sequence right.
I think it's fun to practice to see how much more accurate I can be. Good news is that the worse thing that can happen is the dog won't learn QUITE as quickly if marker click isn't done at the right time. The best part is the dog gets the treat no matter what the heck I do :)

I try to remember just cause something in training is new and may be difficult for me to learn.................if it helps the dog than learn it I do! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I enjoy watching his Youtube videos, thanks for posting MRL!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Here's a little hint. Use a (voice) letter que instead. Substitute the sound of the clicker with a voice marker. Our letter que is "Q". Example: as soon as your dog sits, say your letter que "Q" and follow it with a food reward. You might find it easier than trying to handle a clicker - I do!
:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts