German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we first got her, she was 18 months old (she's 3.5 now) and warmed right up to us. She's never been too protective of us though, although she was more so when we first got her.

It's like she's never met a stranger when it comes to humans. But she's aggressive towards cats, rabbits, squirrels, and to most dogs too. I don't like her being so trusting towards humans. How can I get her to not trust others, yet not go overboard with it?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I guess I should clarify. It's not that I want her to be aggressive towards people. My issue is that she doesn't "defend" her turf unless it's another animal. Someone could walk into the fenced backyard and she wouldn't have a problem with it.

I enjoy her being sweet towards others when I'm around. I just don't like it that she's so comfortable with letting strangers or anyone into our backyard, especially when I'm not around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.