German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
I am on agreeement. You should not teach a dog to be aggressive or less trusting towards human beings and that is a shepherd that is I would never want to own, it is unbalanced and dangerous. GSDs can be reserved with strangers, but that is not the same thing.

Schutzhund (protection) is also not a "lack of trust". Training protection and a lack of trust of humans are not the same thing

GSDs takes their cue from you on how to react to people. They watch you. If your friend comes over and they see you trust, they trust. They see someone hitting you or yelling? They dont trust.

My last GSD was love muffin, but you would be surprised. When push comes to shove, they will protect you.

Reactions: Shefali

· Registered
914 Posts
JINXR - When I was just a teenager I had a female GSD that was everyone's friend. She never met a stranger. We even took her on camping trips with us and she never so much as 'woofed' at a stranger. She loved everyone.

On two seperate occasions she attacked and saved my life. Once while I was jumped in a swimming pool by a stranger, she jumped in and bit him in the face. The second time she bit a friend of the family who attacked me and meant me harm. Before, and afterwards she was still the same, sweet, loving dog.

Please have more faith in your dog. She'll know when to kick it into high gear. You show her leadership and love and you'll have a loyal, loving companion for the rest of her years.
Here Here. I could not have said it better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.