German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GSD is barking at daily basis (at strangers) and has a solid bark. And I would like to teach her barking on command (and quiet on command).

However I don't want to train her while she is barking at stranger, because I don't want to intimidate random people. Plus due to language barier I can't explain them that we are just training. So I'm looking for an alternative ways how to make her bark. Random noises from youtube (barking, sirens, animals), teasing her with toys or food...nothing works. Any ideas or tips how to start her going? :nerd:

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm also interested in the responses. My pup doesn't bark much either. It's hard to teach him to speak when I don't want to encourage barking at other dogs. ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi the way I taught my boy was to use youtube dog barking sounds and treated him when he barked. Then I added the command, then I did without the noise.

For a little bit when I told him to bark, he would bark at me. But I wanted to get him to bark at someone or some things so I used his favorite toy. I would throw it and give him the command and if he barked at it I would release him. I also taught him a "be alert command" and ill say it and give him the bark command as well and he'll stand up tall, look around and bark.

Good luck in finding what triggers her bark!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm also interested in the responses. My pup doesn't bark much either. It's hard to teach him to speak when I don't want to encourage barking at other dogs. ?
Yea, training him like this made him start barking at other dogs barking too! But he doesn't anymore and ignores it now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts