German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really really like the idea of SDA and all the different things you can do with it, but there are no SDA clubs or events in Texas. How could I go about starting a club and getting events held here in the North TX area?

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
SDA is no longer affiliated with UKC :(

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
SDA is no longer affiliated with UKC, so no need for a UKC club.

Best thing to do is to contact Jack Rayl directly and discuss with him. I know in the past he has been very helpful to others in setting up clubs. Up to and including coming out for a few days to do club start up seminars that teach people about SDA, train decoys on the SDA routine and certify them, etc... This group is very supportive of helping new clubs get started. Just make contact and start talking with them. :)

·
Registered
604 Posts
I would come if you had SDA events!!! once i get my pup:) I was hoping for SDA in my area too, but I did find PSA. There is at least one PSA club in Dallas/Fort Worth if youre interested in that.

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
Google the SDA database, pull the site up and the info will be there to get you started in right direction. We would welcome a club in Texas and you really only need about 5 committed people and a decent decoy.
Cliff

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I don't think it would be too difficult to find 4 more people in DFW who would like to start a club. A decent decoy might be a little harder.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts