German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi everyone! My dog is doing the position and knows how to hold it..

But I just can't fix that leg, it always looks weird xD Do you think he just can't do it or that I could possibly train him to hold it the right way?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Have you tried placing the leg in the position you want? If he is able to hold it, then at least you know he can.

·
Registered
371 Posts
When you stack him Lift the leg to correct it under the knee or behind the hock but is if you move those paws they tend to move them. I stack my pup and take 100 pics and choose the best ones. Also if he is mixed he may not feel comfortable doing the typical GSD stack.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
That is just his natural pose and a classic one at that. Why change it. I always think it silly to see show people placing there dogs feet and holding up there head. I think it is why the show dog Gsd's hips are so bad. People care more about the pose than the over all health, movement and agility of the dog.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh he can't even do show, staking isnt much of an affair to me. I just know that he can cause when he sees for example a cat, he does the perfect stake postition, but when I try to make him do it, he doesnt want to xD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts