German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the release notes, I saw something about bookmarking discussions. I can see how to list my bookmarked threads, but I can see how to make a discussion as bookmarked. I want to make threads like the one on recommend books for future reference.

·
Administrator
409 Posts
Hello,

Bookmarking is now called the "Save" function. Which can be done to any single post. You'll see this in the bottom right, of a thread message, next to the "Share" button. The feature you're looking for - to see updates and easily search for a full thread- is to Follow the thread.
Navigate to the specific forum you want to focus on and click "Follow Forum".

Whenever you want to see the content you're following, click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

Let me know if that helps :)
-Gerrit

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks,
I was thinking of bookmark as something more like chrome's bookmark with a bookmark tab and a little bookmark cue to tag high-value items.

Follow makes sense.

I just got caught up in the nomenclature and idiom of bookmark.

·
Administrator
409 Posts
Yes, one of the difficulties with naming some functions around here is all of the double, or triple meanings they may have developed across all of the history of the internet and culture. Let me know if you have any suggestions on potential names that avoid the idiosyncrasies of the greater collective culture. Big ask, I know, but I'd love to see any suggestions :)

-Gerrit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts