German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As luck would have it this is sort of related to Anne's post! Purely coincidental.

I am working on possibly hosting my own seminar. I'm at the point where I need to approach various towns and ask for permission to have the seminar in their park. Here's where lack of experience as a schutzhund ambassador is killing me. On one hand I feel like I should not omit the fact that protection work will be done because if they happen to drive by right as a dog is launching itself for a long bite that could be bad news, but on the other hand I have more than a feeling if I mention the "p" word they will instantly say no and shut me out. Do you have any tips you could offer to help me approach this issue with the towns? I was thinking of just telling them it's going to be a dog training seminar and dogs will be off leash, and I need special permission for off leash dogs. If they ask for specifics on the training then I could go a little further. If the "p" word does come out, does mentioning insurance tend to help? Showing them trial videos? Demonstrating with your own dog? Oh to have my own schutzhund field in my backyard!!!

I am requesting dates that will have the parks empty due to cold weather so I think that's a bonus point in my favor. And I do frequent these parks for my own A and B training including send aways and have never had a problem, but I have never done C at these parks.

Thanks!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would be paying a rental fee, so yes the area would be "mine". But of course I can't stop people from watching from the park road. I have attended seminars in public parks so I know there's a way to win them over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.