German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious - how soon did you BELIEVE your bitch was pregnant and what made you think that?

And how many times were you right??

I KNOW it's way too early for Kaynya (just 5 days at most) but it had me thinking.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
I BELIEVED she was pregnant when I left the stud dog. (I took her back two more times for insurance).

I BELIEVED she was pregnat when she went OFF her food at about three weeks. Bitches KNOW how to drive their owners to insanity.

When enticed to eat by putting chicken, hard boiled egg, and yogurt with her kibble and she started putting on weight, I believed she was pregnant but doubt was creeping in.

Then one day she LOOKED pregnant. And about a week later the x-ray showed a quiver full of puppies in there. THEN I KNEW she was pregnant.

Twice with Babsy and once with Jenna, we missed and I was doing the She Is, She is not, She is, She is not thing up until x-ray day when.

·
Registered
723 Posts
We will "know" when Lola has her ultrasound on the 14th of September.
She was bred on the 19th of August via surgical AI with imported frozen semen.
Do we believe she is in whelp?
Well, I am too scared to say so, in case we tempt fate.
What I can say is that she is getting more smoochy, seems to feel a little "off" at times (morning sickness?), and is not quite as enthusiastic about exercise.
Perhaps a little thickening in the loin? or is that just her coat??

·
Banned
1,754 Posts
Originally Posted By: selzerI BELIEVED she was pregnat when she went OFF her food at about three weeks. Bitches KNOW how to drive their owners to insanity.
I know exactly how that feels...LOL

I have had a few females start showing around 3 weeks, the same time they start going off their food, and then I have had one not show until they are about a week from whelping their pups. Every female is different

1 - 4 of 4 Posts