German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bring our rescue shepherd home tomorrow. After reading the responses to my previous thread, and reading many other threads on the subject we've decided to go with TOTW. The basis for our decision, after considering all the recommendations we found here, was availability. TOTW is sold at the feed store a few blocks from our house. We're leaning towards the Salmon, but would be interested in hearing opinions on salmon vs. wet lands.

Now...How much do you feed? Markus is 27' at the shoulder and currently weights about 60 lbs. His weight is down from his original 74 lbs before he started heart worm treatment.

Thanks for the input.

Rob

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
I feed my boy 4.5 cups of TOTW a day.

He gets all 4 flavors of TOTW, I rotate them.

He is 2 years old, 28' at the shoulders and weighs 80 pounds. :)

·
Registered
891 Posts
I have used the Salmon and the Lamb.....only 2 without chicken for Wolf's allergies and both seem to be really good kibble. Wolf is a working dog and we hand feed him all of his meals, so he tends to be on the very lean side. He gets about 2 1/2 cups per day plus treats, etc. He is 17 mos. and weighs about 80#s. I would think that your dog would need more than 2 1/2 cups, but just make sure that you feed smaller quantities, multiple times per day.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
mine get 2.5-3 cups each day since we don't run miles each week. If I kept them active each day running and working them then I would feed more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts