German Shepherds Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
My dog would not be for sale.

My last dog was a pound puppy and I was out walking her and some guy asked me how much I paid for her. I told him! 60 from the pound (1999) He said she's worth at least 200! That was a running joke around my house when she was bad that I could always get 200 for her.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've only had my puppy for a few months and I am already beyond emotionally attached to him. I am just a 21 year old who lives on my own and he goes and does EVERYTHING with me. He is my partner in life. I have no kids so he's like a child to me. He is my best buddy. I can do anything right or wrong and he still will be the happiest little guy. I can talk to him and tell him anything on rough days and he completely understands how I feel and can make me smile. For that I'd say he is irreplaceable and is worth more than money to me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My dogs are not for sale for any price to anyone. I can't put a dollar amount on unconditional love and companionship they give me. But we do have the running joke around here about my rescue Flat Coat, that if she gets to be too much, I'll just send her back for a refund. LOL But seriously, money couldn't buy her. My pups mean the world to me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've only had my puppy for a few months and I am already beyond emotionally attached to him. I am just a 21 year old who lives on my own and he goes and does EVERYTHING with me. He is my partner in life. I have no kids so he's like a child to me. He is my best buddy. I can do anything right or wrong and he still will be the happiest little guy. I can talk to him and tell him anything on rough days and he completely understands how I feel and can make me smile. For that I'd say he is irreplaceable and is worth more than money to me.
That's good for everyone if people deeply thinking about it. I always believed that our pets is the member of our family. I really like your review about puppies.

·
Registered
31,877 Posts
There were moments in class today, when I might have said, "Make an offer."

He wasn't that bad, really. He was calm and did not try to bark at or eat any of the other dogs. He will be two in April, so still a youngster. And the place was very noisy with young dogs barking, growling, and lunging at each other. I guess the way to describe his doofus behavior is that he was totally distracted. He had to pee on every blade of glass outside, and he wanted to follow every little kid in there.

So, in moments like these, make me an offer, LOL!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Both my breeder and rescue dogs hold the same value in my heart. It's not related to money. I have never nor ever would give one of my dogs up. Simple as that.

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
I understand what a dog needs from a human. I will never understand a human treating a dog as a commodity or expendable thing. What they offer has nothing to do with monetary value or self gratification to some trivial accomplishment. They are not tools or toys.

When you reach the end of your life, you will not remember dollars or small accomplishments. Unconditional love that was shared and the happiness that it brought you will be on your mind.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
There is no way I would put a price tag on my dog. I have a 5 month old GSD pup. Within past 3 months he has already become our family member and I simply cannot imagine selling him. In case there comes a time in my life when I cannot provide him what he needs to be happy then I will find a good/responsible home for him and would not ask for any money.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I have threatened any number of times to sell them and buy beer.

That said, I turned down a blank cheque for Sabi. I was told to name my price, and he had the money. Never regretted it for a second.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I highly value my dog and wouldn't let it go for whatever much. I do not have kids yet. It neither am i really married. It keeps me happy and especially during times that i feel alone and lonely or times when i feel like giving up on life. I feel he sort of understands me. Anyone else feel this way? :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
My GSD was my best friend. I think I had more conversations with him than I did my own husband. He was priceless and I will always consider him my heart dog and one of my babies. I don;t know if I will get in trouble for saying this but I have six kids for sale..take your pick. **JOKING**

·
Registered
8 Posts
What can I say? Raised 5 kiddo's with a shepherd. Chance was our partner. He alerted us to strangers, herded the kids to stay in the yard. Developed one talent which I loved. A "vomit" alert dog. He would stay by a sick child's side all day. I learned to trust him after a few times. He would whine and become restless about 5 minutes before they got sick. I would usher them into the bathroom quickly! I will never forget the night I got sick. My son was had a stomach virus, I was up most of the night with him. Finally fell asleep only to have Chance whining and pawing me awake. I spent 2 hours hurling my guts out, with my dog right at my feet. Hubby took care of the boy, Chance took care of me. Wouldn't trade that dog for the world.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Since I just almost lost one of my dogs, and had to consider giving both up temporarily at one point - but instead choosing to pay hundreds of extra dollars to keep them together with me in a small studio.... I value them a lot. No money value on them. But they mean the world to me and I have recently gone througj great measures to keep them with me...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my first Gsd pup that I could train and mold. My first few months with the pup were great I couldn't be able to put a price on my pup now man.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was talking to a friend and she asked me this question. If I had to, I would throw down everything in my bank account minus 2 months rent for my pup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I spent over a thousand on my 10 year old Husky Rex when he was passing away just so he could be comfortable for the last little bit of his life. I would have spent anything to cure him if it were possible. I've only had my shepherd puppy Bear for about 2 weeks now, but I knew from the moment the breeder placed him in my arms that I would do anything to keep him safe, money never being a limitation.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts