German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dakota is my 13 month old German Shepherd-Rottie-mystery mix. She's currently about 58 pounds and she eats really quickly like she's starved according to my dad. She's still very afraid of my dad because she was abused by a male before we got her at the shelter, so I think it's just because she's nervous when he's around, causing her to eat quicker. But he told me I should check into it, so I am....

I use an actual cup to feed her, about this size

I feed her about two cups using that kind of cup, so I was wondering if that's enough or too much? Please help! :)

I care about my sweet girl <3 :wub:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Riley is 6 months tomorrow and we feed him 4 cups a day. 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups in the evening. He's a puppy though....

the dog food bag says 2 1/4 to 3 cups a day.

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Wow! she is beautiful! She looks good to me. I would use a real measuring cup and measure it out though. If you want to use that star bucks cup. Dump a cup into it and mark it with a marker where a cup is. The normal for her weight is 3-4 cups a day. It also depends on what food you are feeding. Always follow the chart on back of bag.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help everyone! :) I think we threw the bag out already, so perhaps I'll just look it up..

I'll go with the measuring cup idea as well ^u^ She'll probably eat about 3-4 cups then.. cuz she is VEERYY energetic, being a puppy and all, still...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts