German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cujo is almost 6 months old, at 60 lbs. I used to have him on Blue Buffalo Wilderness Puppy and he was picky about the ''life source bits'' and left those kibbles all around the house. So I tried switching to a raw meat diet, but he always ended up throwing up or not eating it so I ended up cooking. Cooking for him several times a day was getting something I didn't have the time for, so I decided to switch back to a dry dog food. I chose Wellness Core puppy (grain and gluten free) this time. I just got a small bag to make sure he wasn't going to be picky about it and he likes it! My question is, how much should I be feeding him? There isn't any feeding instructions on this bag (maybe it's on the bigger one) Can anyone help us?

·
Registered
82 Posts
All the dog food I've seen recommends around four cups a day. My puppy only eats the full four cups sometimes. Other times she'll barely finish the first two. Try four and see what your dogs preference is

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
38 Posts
HA I found it finally, thought I'd post just in case anyone else is looking for the info. 6 1/2 cups a day right now! holy cow..
Wellness CORE Puppy Formula
I would be careful following their guidelines too closely. If we followed the recommendations for the brand we feed, we would be giving our dog almost 3 times as much as we are now and our dog would be way over weight.

From what I've been told is you have to change the amount you feed based off the looks of the dog, not the suggestion of the dog food company.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts