German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much red meat should I be feeding my 10mth old GSD?
I just recently switched to raw so she has mostly been eating chicken but I am about to order enough meat for the next 5 weeks and just want to make sure I order the right things.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Everything depends on what you would like to feed her and what plan you would like to follow.... Usual combination says 60% muscle meat (chicken, beef, lamb, duck, rabbit, etc), 20% RBM (raw meaty bone), 10% organ, 10% eggs (optional), 10% veggies/fruits (optional).
So I would guess if you feed her 2 pounds of total per day approximately 1.2 pounds should be muscle meet (whatever source of meet your dog is comfortable with).

Hope my answer is not confusing, but your questions was not well defined either :)

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If possible make most (70%+) of the diet red meat. It's more nutritious then white meat.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Really whatever works best for you. Variety is good but there is no specific amount.

I feed mostly chicken and pork with the odd rabbit and I get buffalo tripe occasionally but I don't feed beef at all. So just find what works for you and your dog.

Just don't go overboard on your first order of a new meat. Get a little and make sure it works good with your dog first:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts