German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new guy is 8 weeks old, and i have the natures variety raw chicken patties. He weighs, 13lbs. The bag says to only feed it 1/2 a patty a day according to his weight. That just doesnt seem right does it? Maybe if it was a small breed dog, i could see that, but for a growing puppy, surely has to be more. Any suggestions would help a million!!! Thanks

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
An 8 week old pup would eat approximately 10% of their current weight over 2-4 meals per day. The other way to calculate is 2-3% of their expected adult weight. So based on weighing 10# at 8 weeks he would need roughly 1.3# per day.

My females eat about 1.5- 1.75# per day and they weigh 65-70 pounds.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i looked on the package and it said that there are 12 patties in there and it weighs 6 lbs. So that would mean that my puppy should be eating 2 patties a day?

·
Registered
14,509 Posts
Feeding Guide
YOUR CUSTOM FEEDING RECOMMENDATION
Based on the information you provided about your dog's rotation regimen, weight, and activity level, your custom feeding recommendation is shown below. Please use this feeding recommendation as a guide only. Remember that your dog's nutritional requirements will also vary based on individual metabolism, genetics, health status, environment, outdoor temperature, and other factors.
DAILY PORTIONS

Raw: 12.5 oz

Raw Frozen Diets are available in 2 lb single chubs, 3 lb bags of medallions, 6 lb bags of patties, and 12 lb cases of chubs. (One medallion is 1 oz. One patty is 8 oz. One chub is 32 oz.)

http://www.naturesvariety.com/feedguide

1 - 7 of 7 Posts