German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
from 4 months to 8 months my dog had pano so everything was limited. no long walks, no dog parks. from 8 months to a year it's a mile or two walk. he plays in the dog park for 1 hour. now that it's hot we go to the dog park for 15 mins. to an hour. if it's real hot 15 mins. is enough, i don't want him getting over heated. what ever exercise you're doing build up to it. instead of a long session do several short sessions a day. when going on a walk take plenty of water for you and the dog.
Originally Posted By: jessE2how much exercise did you give your 6-8 months old puppies? thanx

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Apollo is 6 months old and we walk him 1-2 times a day, mostly twice a day every day around our neighborhood which is probably 1.5-2 miles. So he gets about 3-4 miles of walking a day, not mention playing fetch inside the house!

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Now that it is summer Jesse 7.5 months old gets 2 walks morning and night about 20-30 minutes each and in the afternoon swimming in pool. 2 days a week he goes to doggy daycare for 7 hours each day (been doing that since he was 4 months old). Before the heat wave he got 3 good walks a day plus games of fetch.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
As much as my pups would take!

As long as it isn't high impact (continuously jumping down off high stuff, or jumping up after a ball/frisbee...) or repetitive (leashed jogging on pavement?) I'd be hard pressed to wear my dogs out at that age.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts