German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Noah just turned 7 months sunday he weighs in at 61.0 pounds I havent measured his height but he is more tall than anything I think he is growing tall first than will fill out later I was just curious what other peoples dogs weighed I noticed mine slowed down cgrowing around 5 to 6 months does it pick back up ?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
They definitely grow UP before they grow OUT for sure. usually around 6 months, you can see their growth slows down a bit. they're not skyrocketing to being an adult dog anymore but they are still growing. They usually grow up until about their first birthday to year and a half and after that, they spend time filling out. I don't remember how big my last boy was at that age but he was also mixed. My current boy is only 15 weeks old so cant give you an idea with him.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
At 7 months, Echo was about 60 lbs and looked like a horse.

At three years, he's 81 lbs and still looks like a horse :crazy: He's only JUST stopped filling out, though he stopped growing height-wise around a year.

·
Registered
252 Posts
It's crazy how fast they grow! My boy is 8 months old - haven't weighed him in a month -
He was up to 82 pds of solid muscle. He thinks he is a Lap dog, loves to snuggle :)

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tiger

my pup is 6 n half. he's gonna be 7 on this 27th november
but he is sooo small
i took him from a pet
he is the top quality one, registered by kennel club
but now he is just not eating much
he doesnt eats dog food even when i mix them with minced meat and gravy pouches
he weights about 52 pounds
he was 52 pounds wen he was 4 months old....he used to be sooo big that tym
i just dunno wat to do
i checked him with vet and evrything is normal:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
please help me out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts