German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feed her three times a day, I was wondering what would be a fair amount to feed her in each serving. She is 9 weeks old, all these sites say different things, what are yalls recommendations?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Feed according to the labeling on your kibble. There should be guidelines on the bag. If she is looking fat decrease a little, if she is looking skinny increase.

I personally keep my puppies a little leaner, but not skinny. Being chubby may be cute, but it is very bad for growing joints.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Need to know kcal per cup on the bag.
Even with that, charts say I should be feeding my almost 6 months old 4.5 cups/per day based on 420 kcal/cup on the bag. But's he's really skinny and i just upped him from 6 to 7.5 cups per day in 3 feedings. It seems a lot but he's very tall and skinny.

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Need to know kcal per cup on the bag.
Even with that, charts say I should be feeding my almost 6 months old 4.5 cups/per day based on 420 kcal/cup on the bag. But's he's really skinny and i just upped him from 6 to 7.5 cups per day in 3 feedings. It seems a lot but he's very tall and skinny.
Holy cow that's a ton of food!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
My pup went all the way up to 8 1/2 cups a day for awhile when she was growing quickly!

You have to feed the dog in front of you!

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
My pup went all the way up to 8 1/2 cups a day for awhile when she was growing quickly!

Agree. I have just never had to feed that much. My Dane was at 6 cups for a bit I think. Bud at 11 months was at 6, but we were feeding 6 times a day for weight gain.
Shadow eats 2.5 cups a day, lol, and it's a fight to get her to eat it all!

·
Registered
99 Posts

Thank you. I hesitate to post how much I have to feed him since I know it sounds like a lot. My pup eats more than twice what my 80 pound adult male eats.

But the pup just turned 6 months and is 70 pounds and all ribs are showing when he walks so much that I think someone might accuse me of abusing him o_O

His father was the largest GSD I have ever seen (had to be 120) and he's likely going to be a very big boy himslef.

·
Registered
1 Posts
unfortunatly im feeding her rachel ray untill her chewy order comes in, then she will be eating victor select nutra pro
What is the problem with Rachel Ray? Im a new poster here but I was under the impression that it was a decent food.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts