German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32,294 Posts
My only vacations have been going to church camp. They will not let me bring a dog, so I am not going any more.

I do not care to travel. Having a day off of work means staying at home with my dogs. That is all I really want to do anyway. Right now, I would love to take a week and stay home with my dogs and maybe clean my house.

Finding a solution for caring for my lot and then worrying about them while I am gone would take the fun out of it.

Every year before the babies were adopted, my sisters and mother and I would go Christmas shopping overnight in Erie, get a room and be gone probably 24 hours. Since my kennels are set up so that the dogs have shelter, and water, I can be gone that long in a pinch.

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
I take two vacations a year, not counting camping trips.

One is to a dog friendly resort on Rainy Lake in Int'l Falls, MN. Both dogs come with, along with my son's labs.

The other is to Las Vegas, for 3-4 nights. The dogs are housed with my breeder.

·
Banned
2,415 Posts
I take two vacations a year, not counting camping trips.

One is to a dog friendly resort on Rainy Lake in Int'l Falls, MN. Both dogs come with, along with my son's labs.

The other is to Las Vegas, for 3-4 nights. The dogs are housed with my breeder.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
I live in Rhode Island. Rhode Islanders don't travel. Why leave when there's more beach than can be visited in one summer? I do pick which beach based on it's dog friendly status!

Seriously, if you've played the state plate game on a road trip, have you ever seen a Rhode Island plate any further west than say New Jersey?

It's wierd, I used to travel. A lot. Then I moved here and now I rarely leave the state except maybe to goto Mass or CT.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I am hopefully going to take possesion of my new RV around the middle of the month, and I am planning to do some weekend outings with the dogs. I want take the parents to Florida sometime in the winter, and I want to take Perle with me, and take her to the people I adopted her from, so they can say hello to her.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
We are in a happy rut with our vacation!

Every year we go to Outer Banks NC (Whalehead Beach) for the last week of September and the first week of October. The weather is still very warm and the ocean is fabulous that time of year.

We rent the same house (dog friendly,oceanfront, pool, private walkway to the beach) which also has grass in the yard so it is easy for the dogs.

Since we found this house, we have not tried any other. One year we rented a place that only had public walkway access to the beach - that did not go over well with three GSDs thinking that folks were encroaching on the territory!

The last time we took a trip without the dogs we were just plain miserable. I would spend all of my time looking for other peoples dogs to pet!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts