German Shepherds Forum banner

How Many Hours A Day Is Your Dog Left Alone?

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wondering

My dogs are left alone for 8.5 to 9 hours a day.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Yes, unfortunately mine are also alone about 8-9 hours a day.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I ticked 6-8 but that's at night when she is in her crate while I am asleep (usually 5 - 6 hours). But I am lucky that I am home 24/7.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I can only dream of the day when we can leave her alone for 6-9 hours. We'll have an extra $350 a month.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Only 6 hours while I work...... After that he is with me inside or we go out for RR breaks, play, training and walks. He really is my third child.

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
8-10 hours but that really depends on the day (whether DD has school, the weather as DH is self employed and works outside, whether I'm working at home) but on an average day when everyone is gone it's roughly 7:30-4.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I couldn't vote, no option for zero hours a day. :) Spoiled brats.

·
Registered
219 Posts
There is only one day a week they are left alone if even, each Friday my parents go out, so depending when i'm finished work myself, but my brother does be at home 9 times out of 10 with them anyway so maybe 2/3 hours every month is all.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
They are alone about 9 hours while I am at work. However in the winter (Nov-May) my hubby is not working so they are only alone when ever he leaves the house for fun and errands.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I couldnt vote. There needs to be a 3-4 hr. option for survey.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'm at work between 9-10 hrs a day which includes travel time.

For those of you that are home all day....wish that were me! LOL Actually, I think its wonderful that you are able to be home for them. :D

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
10 hrs a day, during the very hot summer days and the very cold winter days.

There is about a two month window in the spring, and a two month window in the fall where the weather is cool but mild enough that I can bring them to work - they stay in the car in their crates, but they get breaks and a lunch hour walk, and extra time to run and play in local parks and fields after work before I start the home commute.

But they do very well when they do have to stay home - no issues, except for an over-excited Gryffie when I get home - but that's not really a complaint. ;)

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
No option for under 6 hours in the poll ... I seldom leave the Hooligans for more than 2 or 3 hours maximum, and since I don't work I'm home most of the time.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Usually only a few hours each day.

I am a Graduate student and work part time so my schedule is pretty open. I am only away at MOST about 5 hours for work per day.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I leave for work at 7:30 and come home for lunch at 12:15, leave again at 12:45 and home by 5:30. So I guess the longest would be near five hours during the week. On weekends only as long as it takes to go grocery shopping every two weeks. Otherwise, the weekends are ours. I do not go out at night during the week unless I have to. Hate leaving him while I am work. If I did not have to, would stay home and play with him all day! LOL

1 - 20 of 111 Posts