German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come on... there are leagues of them. Give it up, shout it out. If your dog is named Max, let us know.

I'll start. My boy's name is Max!!!!! :) He's just turned 4 months old.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My girls daddy is named Max :) he was a black and red blanket back.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
IMHO Max is a wonderful name for a GSD, a tribute to our founder.

Yukon's original name was Max, a name I love, but it sounded too much like Tex so I changed it.

I almost named Mac "Max" but since my sister used to have a dog name Max, I decided not to.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah mines named Max as the previous owner named him but as i ride a Vmax the name was already picked out for when i found the right pup .
Guess i got lucky . :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I have a Max, named after my grandfather

Attachments

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Lycan's name was Max when I got him. I changed his name because I've already had a Max once

Jelpy

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lycan's name was Max when I got him. I changed his name because I've already had a Max once

Jelpy
I had 2 named "Bob." Not at the same time. I could always tell the difference between the two, one wasn't here anymore.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I don't know if this counts, but I have a good friend of many years with a GSD named Max.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Max has been on the list of top ten dog names for years so I'm sure there are a lot out there!
When I was a kid I wanted to get a German Shepherd and name him Max (or a female named Amber). I used to love the cartoon Mighty Max and the movie Man's Best Friend (the main dog in the movie was named Max) as a kid so I thought Max was a great name. I was going to have the full name be either Maximus or Maximilian. Then later I realized how popular the name Max was and I changed my mind; and my cousin named his first child Amber so there went the other name idea... ;)

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
If I am not mistaken, Max has been one of the most popular (and most common) dog names for several years running. I've had a foster dog named Max (but he wasn't a GSD) and the girl I train with has a Shiloh Shepherd named Max.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Here is our Max:

We adopted him last summer, and he was already named Max. As far as we know, it is the only name he has ever known and it seems to suit him, so we didn't try to change it. But we do elaborate on it sometimes and call him Maximus.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
One thing I've noticed lately is that the name Sarge seems to have become very popular. Last year when I had a foster dog (mutt) named Sarge, I was asked to foster a German Shepherd named Sarge! While I was looking into adopting a dog there were also a lot of other dogs for adoption with the same name.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here is our Max:

We adopted him last summer, and he was already named Max. As far as we know, it is the only name he has ever known and it seems to suit him, so we didn't try to change it. But we do elaborate on it sometimes and call him Maximus.
That's a sweet looking big Max!! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts