German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many cups of kibble should i be feeding blitz a day... is it better to feed morning and evening or once daily please share your thoughts and insights

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
What are you feeding, there are instructions on the bag, low quality food is usually more cups a day, high quality food is lower cups a day usually. Goes by weight of your dog (but also depending on activity you may need to feed more). Jesse will always be fed 2 times a day, and on very active days ie like daycare days he gets an extra cup of food, or if he has had a long hike. My last dog was Saint Bernard, worked it that way, GSD and GSD/wolf before him as well worked it that way.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry forgot to mention. he is on natural balance duck and potatoe but kinda stupid i ve never paid attention to the bag. and he recently put on 30 pounds he went from 80 -- 109 in about a 6 month period. i should also mention he is on predisone and sulfasaliizine so he tends to always be hungry. i am currently treating him for perianal fistulas. so thats why i am look for a good health moderate amount of food

·
Registered
2,040 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the link, i was accidentally over feeding him by about 3 1/2 cups daily, but i am feel bad because the predisone make him have an increased appitite and he is alway starving. by being around him with food he acts like he is a dog that never gets feed but he does look just a little overweight he could lose a good 10 pound and be a healthy size again... so time for blitz diet to start. maybe i will go on a diet with him, now to think about it i could lose 10 pound too..... hehe

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Originally Posted By: gusandkimthanks for the link, i was accidentally over feeding him by about 3 1/2 cups daily, but i am feel bad because the predisone make him have an increased appitite and he is alway starving. by being around him with food he acts like he is a dog that never gets feed but he does look just a little overweight he could lose a good 10 pound and be a healthy size again... so time for blitz diet to start. maybe i will go on a diet with him, now to think about it i could lose 10 pound too..... hehe
if he can stand it excercise will go a long way, swimming is great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts