German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
I don’t they are really clean and white though are fed kibble. They are both going though 2 and 4. My daughter diligently brushes our chihuahuas teeth every night. Our Chihuahua has genetically bad teeth. He is about 12 years old. Teeth cleaning does keep his bad teeth at bay. He does love to knaw on the whimsies sometimes or hard biscuit is good enough for his teeth he did loose a tiny front knibble tooth. Either that was coming out or was going to be impacted regardless I am careful what to give him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don’t they are really clean and white though are fed kibble. They are both going though 2 and 4. My daughter diligently brushes our chihuahuas teeth every night. Our Chihuahua has genetically bad teeth. He is about 12 years old. Teeth cleaning does keep his bad teeth at bay. He does love to knaw on the whimsies sometimes or hard biscuit is good enough for his teeth he did loose a tiny front knibble tooth. Either that was coming out or was going to be impacted regardless I am careful what to give him.
My wife has both our dogs on a brushing regimen of at least once a week.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I've had great results with the Oravet chews. I'll probably never brush her teeth either.
Nikki loves them and her teeth look great. Have you looked at Walmart PetRx, they are much cheaper there than at the vet.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I do not brush their teeth. In my experience with GSDs they have not had any issues with teeth that require brushing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm probably awful for not brushing my dogs teeth. They are both about 3 and a half now. Any recommendations on the best way to brush them? Are bones not enough?

·
Registered
436 Posts
I'm probably awful for not brushing my dogs teeth. They are both about 3 and a half now. Any recommendations on the best way to brush them? Are bones not enough?
It depends on health and opinions. Some think their dogs are fine with chews, including me. Some think it's good to brush just in case. Some dogs have bad teeth that need to be brushed. It depends on the owner and their preference, unless the dog truly has bad teeth.

·
Registered
30,905 Posts
What you feed your dog really determined the teeth condition. I feed raw so my dogs teeth have never been brushed. Plaque can still build up just as it does on ours so have your vet look at their teeth and advise if you need to have them cleaned.

There are many chew toys or chew treat like lamb / water buffalo horns that work well to help clean them without fracturing the teeth like marrow bones can.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts