German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used the same clinic since I've moved to my house 4 years ago, but just recently had to switch to another doctor within the same clinic because the one I was using before is working only once a week now. So how long have you used the same vet or the same clinic? I've seen a few of the other doctors every now and then, but for the most part I've always requested the same doctor.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I have used the same vet, for almost 20 years..I feel old:(

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Eighteen years if you count when she was in a practice where I saw the owner of the practice most of the time. I got PO'ed at him and it's been 16 years since I started seeing her exclusively, even when she bought her own clinic and moved 30some miles from here I've continued seeing her.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I was dissatisfied with my old clinic's inability to diagnose and help Jazz so I switched to my current clinic and it's been 3 years. I love them and I see 2 doctors there. My primary vet has limited working hours so I have a secondary one who is also wonderful.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Since I moved to California in 2004, I love my vet... He may not be extremely versed in nutrition but he has never pushed vaccs and never even mentioned neutering Ollie when I've brought him in. My husband has been using this vet office for even longer, they can even recognize us on the phone.... Though that could be because we have 4 dogs and 3 cats. :D The one vet we usually see has been with us through the whole process of losing 3 pets to cancer one right after the other - bittersweet since he's the one that was there when I had to put my cat I'd grown up with down.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Been using my Vet for 12 years now. He's loves GSD's. He and his wife are active in GSD rescue.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
6 months, but we just moved here. The vet I started Sandi with was our vet for 11 years, then when Oz had his back issue, we switched him to a vet with better imaging and better contacts for treatment options, so I was with them or 5 years for Oz exclusively, although they did put Sandi down, they were closest. Dolly was seen by the vet in Paris, they had a pick-up service. Now they see very highly recommended vet at a clinic 10 minutes away. I like sticking with one, when I find one I like, I tend to stay. Especially if the dog likes them.

·
Banned
31,833 Posts
Hmmm, we got Princess when Mark was 9, so I was 16, so 28 years -- that's my regular vet. I have gone to a few others, for OFA's and ultra-sounds. But mostly it is with my regular vet.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
I think since 1996. She has taken care of all of our cats. When I got Molly, a friend said his vet specialized in GSD's, so I took Molly to him. But he ended up not specializing in GSD's, he owns a Husky, plus he's never in the office, so when Molly was 2 1/2 I took her to our old vet.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
I have been with my horses vet since 1984 (omg that's a long time) he used to come to my house and take care of all my critters, that was when I had healthy animals. His clinic is further than I want to travel since I seem to frequent the vet more often these days.
I switched the small critters to my new vet a little over 2 yrs now with no plans n changing.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
30,380 Posts
4 years about. The last vet was several years as well. I don't like to move from vet to vet because records get lost and you lose the "family doctor" benefit. I do go to various vets for little things like Lyme's vaccine at one vet that has a specific one or the ortho or the chiropractor but I try to keep the bulk of my business with one local vet practice.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Hmm .. sad ... I've been going to this same vet (he's semi-retired now and I see his partner, his former vet tech) since at LEAST 1975. I think my family was actually using him even before that, but I know when I got my first GSD we went there.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Since we work for the DOD we move a lot, so I change vets a lot too. When we lived in Oklahoma in the 90's I used the same vet I use now since we moved back in 2009, so I have about 14 years with Dr Ferrell at Town and Country Vet Clinic.

In Kentucky we used Dr. Taylor at Barnesmille Animal Hospital for the entire time we lived there which was about 5 years.

In Oregon we had a hard time. We went through 4 clinics in 6 years. Not fun.

·
Premium Member
11,131 Posts
mmmmmm

Several vets....

one clinic - the owner and one associate since the mid 70's - took Kougar there, the cats go there usually...routine work, some emergency stuff

a repro clinic about 40 miles away - take pups there, and the breeding work there including shipped semen AI's- sometimes other things....depending on who I can get an appointment with....maybe 14 years....

Have used Dr Hutchinson - 150 miles away - for some OFAs and breeding work - until the above clinic opened a new facility and was able to store frozen semen....probably 8 or 9 years

Started doing OFAs about 2 years ago with another clinic and vet - she is a GSD breeder and does great OFA work....best equipment for it - 20 miles away

Lee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts