German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
My thought, too, was that your pup could be a mix. If that is the case, there is no way to guess what his ears will do.

Feeding gelatin is no guarantee that the ears will stand. It may help, it may not. There is no way to know. If you feed gelatin and the ears come up, you might assume that it helped. You might not feed it and they come up anyway. There is no research to prove it one way of the other, but it won't hurt.

He's a cute pup. Enjoy him the way he is no matter what his ears do.

·
Super Moderator
4,675 Posts
years ago they used to sell gelatin to women who wanted long strong fingernails. So maybe your dog's nails will grow instead. I hope your pup's ears go up but right now, he is absolutely adorable. He looks like a happy guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hopping on this thread way late but same goes for my 12wk old pup. I know the ears need time and it could take up to 6mo old. I’m trying to be proactive though, and I’m worried about the “crease” in both ears. I started using gelatin yesterday in his food and was wondering: if there’s a crease in the ear, is that’s a problem with them going up?

·
Registered
3 Posts
  1. I dont think a crease is that uncommon in younger weeks. It should go away in the next 5 or 6 weeks if it is going to go away for good.
    Thank you! So many mixed ear-related things online and I want to make sure I’m doing things right (and/or catching things early). I don’t wanna mess with them too much, taping at 6mo if needed but I hope it doesn’t come to that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts