German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

My 13 month old was spayed yesterday. So far has not touched any food. Hasn't thrown up or anything. Energy level is low but I expect that's from the surgery. But she seems to be doing very good.

She's got a follow up on Thursday so I'll see the vet then but in the meantime, just curious on other's experience on when I should expect her to start eating normally again.

·
Super Moderator
7,039 Posts
From a couple days up to a full week. Sometimes if she’s on a sedative or pain killer for a few days, not until those meds stop. Can also depend on the spay procedure itself - some are less invasive as others.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response. Her anti-inflammatory meds stop tomorrow so maybe she'll gain some of her appetite back, but so far, has barely ate anything. Just sleeping a lot, which is what I'm sure she needs.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Thank you for the response. Her anti-inflammatory meds stop tomorrow so maybe she'll gain some of her appetite back, but so far, has barely ate anything. Just sleeping a lot, which is what I'm sure she needs.
If you have concerns, please call your vet, just in case. Is she on opioids? Is she pooping and peeing?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have concerns, please call your vet, just in case. Is she on opioids? Is she pooping and peeing?

Not really concerned, just more of what to expect. She's still not eating much but she had a stool today that looked like it was system clearing so maybe she's just been feeling backed up from the anesthesia.

Vet follow-up on Thursday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts