German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the only one living here and i just got home, MY DOG was out of her crate but the crate is still locked??? ITs totally shut? Do you think someone got in?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Is it a wire crate? I've seen a few dogs Houdini their way out of those.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its very hard to open and close it takes a lot of effort

shes crate trained since she was tiny and 85 pounds I could see maybe a cat getting out but a 85 pound dog? Shes aggressive to strangers in her crate if i am not there specially.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Did you forget to put the dog in there??
...and I have done that before!!! I have put in fresh water & treats, shut & locked the kennel and left the house....never putting the dog inside.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
NO I remember clearly locking her in there before i went! I made sure of it because i knew she would get in the cats litter and her and the cat are not getting along and i remember taking her down and locking her in!

thats whats bugging me because i remember locking her well before i left it was only a couple of hours but I remember it clear no doubt

she was in there watching me before i left, i fed the cat also while she was locked up

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
My dog can easily open crates like that. All they have to do is paw at the latch for awhile. But it is weird that it was locked. Were both latches locked? She can open the bottom and then shove her way out.
My pup can do that. I use a carabiner at the bottom...

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YEs i got home and saw it was locked then thought oh the other latch must be open then i checked it was locked perfect also

the bottom has a tray/pad

she never attempted to get out of a crate she loves them

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
THey never came by in weeks and i have not met them, I have their old mail here they didnt take that either.

Why would they go downstairs let an angry german shepherd out of its crate and then lock it up? Just be insane.

The locks are changed but my window was not locked

none of my stuff is moved or touched tho

I have seen people she did not know go near her crate and she got very nasty, ALso shes super territorial. It would be insane to let a dog like her out or bring ur hand near the crate she would probably snap at it.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Man, that is crazy. I know crafy dogs can break out of those crates, but locking it up again? That is what is confusing me... does she have any marks or scrapes or nicks on her body at all? Fur rubbed off?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts