German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes Siren feels a little on the thin side. Might just be a day that she is growing more or something. Don't get me wrong, I don't want her fat, but I don't want her too thin either.

In 2 of these pictures she looks fine to me, in one I think she looks a little thin. What does everyone else think.

These pictures were all taken within 1/2 hour of each other a couple of days ago.

And giving her more food isn't an option. She already eats as much as she wants 3 or 4 times a day. (And she isn't wormy.)

·
Moderator who has gone to the dogs
14,619 Posts
She looks perfect to me too!

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
I think she looks good too
It seems especially at puppy age they are growing so much so fast that they can look very different in weight day to day, but it balances out over time!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I think she looks fine. If she has no health issues and eats as much as she wants then that must be the weight she needs to be at.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
I agree she looks perfect. My vet had me keep Lucy a little thinner than that, and I always worried but he cited research that keeping them thin helped their joint development. He said people should be asking me if I'm feeding her.- then I would know she was at the correct weight
A few people did express their feelings that she was too thin, but I just told them her vet recommended I keep her that thin during the period her joints were growing.
Amazingly though she was always firmly on the charts- the bottom end but according to the charts she wasn't underweight.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I think I am just getting to be even MORE of a "worrier" with age.

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally Posted By: GSD07Tracy, how is her weight gain?

<span style="color: #33CC00">Good as far as I am concerned. She weighed 12.3lbs at 8 weeeks and 1 day and she weighed 23 1/2 today. (1 day short of 12 weeks.) </span>

Have you tested her for giardia (antigen test)?
Nope. Never even crossed my mind. She has had good poops ever since she got here. Even with drinking and swimming in the lake everyday.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts