German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
can you post other photos?
you cant really see much. a side photo at a trott with the dog infront of you will be good. also try stacking her up and take a photo

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
I moved your post to the Critique section, but be ready for honest feedback. :)

For a serious critique, you'll need to get a stacked picture to show off her conformation.
There is a sticky at the beginning of the Critique Forum that gives examples of how to stack.

I can't really give a formal critique - I really don't have the eye or experience to do that, but there are a few things that I can comment on:

From the pics you have posted, your girl looks like a fairly typical West German Showline. She has a nice solid dark saddle (desired trait) with the beginning of a Bitch Stripe. the Bitch Stripe is the greying area on her nape. Male dogs get it too, despite its name. There seems to be a light roach to her back (her back curves upwards then down), - the back itself should be straight.

Nice dark muzzle and good ear set from this angle - but you'd need to get a face shot too for the critique.

She looks pretty solid for a nine month old, should look very nice when she is mature and filled out.

The way she carries her tail curved up is a conformation fault - it is called a 'gay tail' - the tail should hang down even in a walk. Doesn't affect her as a good dog, just a little nit-picky thing that gets faulted in a show ring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts