German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a puppy who is about 14 weeks old (three months and 1 week), male. His name is Loki. He is about 25 pounds now and has only put on a few pounds since we brought him home two weeks ago. That said, he's definitely bigger. He's doing very well, eating well and happy. I'm just wondering how big he might be. All his litter mates seemed about equal size. His father is 90 pounds, and I'm not sure the size of his mother. So I'm just looking for some feedback--how big was your pup at three months and how big is he/she now at what age?
Thanks!

·
Banned
4,417 Posts
Mine was 25lbs at 10 wks and 34 lbs at 14 wks. She turned 2 last week and has been between 70 & 80 lbs for the last year. The breeder said her mother was 70lbs when I saw her (after weaning the litter) but she normally carried 80lbs. The sire ranged between 125-135lbs.

She took most of her physical characteristics from her mother but it doesn't always go that way. The vet guessed 90 as did the breeder and she could be if I didn't monitor her calories closely, but she's tall/lanky and I try to keep her around 70's for health:smile2:

·
Registered
31,576 Posts
Hi,
I have a puppy who is about 14 weeks old (three months and 1 week), male. His name is Loki. He is about 25 pounds now and has only put on a few pounds since we brought him home two weeks ago. That said, he's definitely bigger. He's doing very well, eating well and happy. I'm just wondering how big he might be. All his litter mates seemed about equal size. His father is 90 pounds, and I'm not sure the size of his mother. So I'm just looking for some feedback--how big was your pup at three months and how big is he/she now at what age?
Thanks!
I can't remember exactly. I would say roughly about that. He's #75 now. Dogs grow at different rates so I wouldn't compare to closely.

90# sire? Even that isn't a perfect comparison. Is he 90# because he's big boned? Or heavily muscled? Or just overweight? How tall are the parents? The grandparents?

My boy is built like his sire's dam. So your puppy could throw back a generation or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts