German Shepherds Forum banner

61 - 80 of 500 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Well, according to that chart Shayla is spot on. 17wks 35.8lbs.
It states 4 months, 36lbs for a female.

·
Registered
541 Posts
chase is three weeks short of six months, but he barely weights 50lbs. I don't understand, both his parents are on the large end. I feed him well, but he's not gaining weight. He sure is getting taller He's 21 inches:(

·
Registered
94 Posts
Ashe, at 7 months, was 83.3 lbs, but I'm not sure of 6 months. He's almost 8 months now, so I'm guessing hes around 87-90, but who knows.

·
Registered
268 Posts
There are some big boys out there Susy where did you get ceasar well my girl is 5 months and 43lbs 20inches she was the runt of the litter but she is picking up now but if I got a boy I would like him to be a bit over standard or at the top of the standard sorry you guys that live by the standard

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
David, i got Cesar from a guy in Detroit, long story. He had both parents and they were stunning and I literally did a u-turn and jumped out of my car to meet them. I thought their temperment was superb as well and he told me the female was pregnant and I knew immediatly that was going to be my next dog. Ironically I met this man on my birthday, we share the same last name & Cesar was born on devil's night while my other GSD was born on Halloween. Coincidence? I think not.Cesar was ment to be mine. On top of all that I named him Cesar after Cesar Millan and his dog parents were named Faroh & Cleopatra so his name fit perfectly. Anyway, who was I to know that Cesar would grow like Maramduke?I never had a male before, he was sizably bigger than all of the dogs in the litter.Wierd thing is even his head looks full grown at 6 months, he looks about 2 yrs old. I am going to have my ex take a roll of pics of Cesar and post them, he is a head turner. I have never gotten so many compliments & inquiries about a dog in my life and I walk dogs for a living. Getting Cesar is akin to winning the lottery.

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
onyx was six mos. on May 8, Today she was spayed so she weighed in at 64.7 this am ~ I miss her, she is spending the night at the vet...I hope she is doing ok. Kacie, her running mate is missing her too!

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
Onyx came home today! When she got home, she acted like nothing has happened. Hard to keep her from playing, and they do play hard, so she is under the watchful eye... When they are spayed/neutered,do most dogs put on more weight, versus not alterered?

·
Registered
24,301 Posts
Nope! Unless you let them. Since we control what they eat and their level of activity to a great degree, we can control their weight! Some have faster metabolisms than others-I have two that have trouble keeping weight on (both altered) and a couple of others who can gain easily.

All altered at different ages and none with weight issues. Except Nina-but that's an activity issue-she's 10 and didn't move a lot for 3 months when I hurt my back. She needs a personal trainer to motivate her!

·
Registered
31,874 Posts
I weighed my baby girls today. They are just nine months. Whitney weighs 63.5, Tori 66.4, and Heidi 69.6 pounds. Heidi seems a bit over weight, the other two are just right for their size.

I remember the day I weighed Cujo, Babs and Jenna at six months as I stopped at the vet after the photographer, but I can't for the life of me remember.

·
Registered
128 Posts
at 5 months old faith was 60lbs. she will be 6 months in about a week. she has huge bones, she's very massive but energetic and has a high prey drive. she looks perfect for her bone structure. he dad was about 90lbs and mom was 70 so I am imagining she will start slowing down I hope. but shes beautiful but looks like an adult dog already and not a puppy but shes still a great dog.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
At 6 months old Chase is around 55 pounds. 23-25 inches at the shoulder.

·
Registered
27,228 Posts
At six mos. Onyx weighed 64.5 on her spay date. I just had Onyx weighed this a.m. and she will be 8 mos on the 8th of July. She weighed in at 73.4#. I was surprised as she is tall but lean. My long coat who will be two on the 21 of July was 68.6 today, and has such a large head, nose and bone structure, looks bigger, but Onyx is taller. Onyx has a bad hip so I really don't want her to gain anymore weight!! When do they stop growing, gaining, and does the spay(age) make a difference in their growth?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Shayla turned 6 months last friday. The week before that she was 55lbs - so I figure that she is about 57-58 lbs now if she continues to grow at the same pace.

Which means according to that chart is that she is at the weight now for an 8 month old female.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Ruby is 6 months. She was weighed at the vet on 7/7 and she came in at 43.2 lbs. Which, looking at the rest of the posts seems kinda small.
But she looks great and the vet says she is doing well. I think she's just a small one. She does seemed to have put on a little more weight since (even though is been such a short time). So she may be closer to 50 now.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I find it frightening that these pups are so big so young.
Daire is 20weeks and weighs 23.2kg or 51lb
Daire has been put on adult food to slow his growth as he was growing too fast.
he is 55cm or 21.7inches

Wow the size of these pups has blown me away.
Are they within the breed standard?

61 - 80 of 500 Posts