German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is 5 months old and weighs only about 35 pounds. She is as healthy as a horse. I took her to the bet and they also told me so. But I see alot of other gsd puppies that weigh more. I did not get her from a breeder so no I didn't get crazy bloodlines or anything. I got her from my sisters friend. She is a pure bred, on a great diet. She eats her royal canin for gsd puppies and isn't boney or anything. Is she just on the smaller end of gsds? ImageUploadedByPG Free1364391671.748100.jpg
ImageUploadedByPG Free1364391766.138533.jpg ImageUploadedByPG Free1364391802.905505.jpg

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
32,371 Posts
Hard to tell from that picture, but she looks just fine. :) There is a 22 pound spread between the high and low ends of the breed standard for both males and females adults, so obviously there will be quite a bit of variation at every other stage of development too. Rather than worrying about the numbers on the scale, look at her condition. If she's lean but not overly skinny then she's the right weight for HER.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
5 months old (20 weeks). gaining 1.5 lbs a week would put her
at 30 lbs to 35 lbs.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
She looks fine... esp for her height. I dont see anything wrong with her body condition and if you think her body condition is fine then it is.. the weight is not a factor... My girl will be 5 months this coming Sunday so in 4.5 days.. she is a lot smaller in height than your girl and weighed in at 33lbs two weeks ago, but looks a lot heavier than your girl... Mine needs to lose weight because her weight is too heavy for her small stature... look at the comparason here is a picture.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She looks fine... esp for her height. I dont see anything wrong with her body condition and if you think her body condition is fine then it is.. the weight is not a factor... My girl will be 5 months this coming Sunday so in 4.5 days.. she is a lot smaller in height than your girl and weighed in at 33lbs two weeks ago, but looks a lot heavier than your girl... Mine needs to lose weight because her weight is too heavy for her small stature... look at the comparason here is a picture.
She is beautiful :3 and yeah I see the difference I just wanted to know I wasn't doing something wrong! :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hard to tell from that picture, but she looks just fine. :) There is a 22 pound spread between the high and low ends of the breed standard for both males and females adults, so obviously there will be quite a bit of variation at every other stage of development too. Rather than worrying about the numbers on the scale, look at her condition. If she's lean but not overly skinny then she's the right weight for HER.
She is perfect weight. No bones sticking out and you can't feel her ribs. Thanks for your response you really helped a lot!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts